Office 2010 Beta : CurrentProject.Connection crash Access

I recently installed Microsoft Office 2010 Beta, I choosed to keep my Office 2007 applications and to only install Outlook 2010 and Office 2010 Shared Components. I did not installed Access 2010.

After that my Microsoft Access 2007 crashed every time I opened a database that use the CurrentProject.Connection object in the code.

It seems that Office 2010 setup installed the “Microsoft Office 14.0 Access Database Engine Object Library (Beta)” component even if I did not choosed to install Access 2010. Even worst it also removed the reference to the “Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine Object Library” component witch is require by Access 2007.

How to fix this ?

Do a repair of Microsoft Office 2007 installation and everything will be back to normal. Except if you played with the References in your Project (Database tools > Visual Basic > Tools > References), you may have to un check all references to “Microsoft Office 14.0 Access” objects and recheck all references to “Microsoft Office 12.0 Access”.

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home