Announcing PoshTools – Visual Studio extension for PowerShell Scripting

Ever wondered why isn’t there support for writing PowerShell scripts in Visual Studio? I have had several projects where I needed to integrate PowerShell scripts into a C# solution I created in Visual Studio. For this, I needed to use multiple editors – one for C# and another for PowerShell scripts. I am sure that I am not the only one looking for such integration between Visual Studio and PowerShell.

Adam Driscoll, a fellow PowerShell MVP, announced that he is working on PoshTools - a reincarnation ofPowerGUIVSX. PoshTools is a Visual Studio extension to enable writing PowerShell scripts and supports full IntelliSense capabilities for PowerShell inside the Visual Studio Editor. This new integration has no dependency on PowerGUI editor.

Source : PowerShell Magazine
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home