Windows 7 Enterprise - Exclusive features that Windows 7 Professional lacks

Some days ago, Microsoft announced the details of the new Windows 7 SKUs. I was quite surprised when I read about the features that will be made exclusive to the Enterprise edition, some of which are among the most frequently discussed enhancements. As it is likely that most organizations will use Windows 7 Professional, the successor to Windows Vista Business, most admins will never see those popular features. I recently stumbled across Microsoft’s Windows 7 Enterprise page, which has more information, and I can’t help myself from commenting on this issue.

Let’s have a look at each of these Windows 7 Enterprise features.

  • DirectAccess
  • BranchCache
  • Enterprise Search Scopes
  • BitLocker & BitLocker to Go
  • AppLocker
  • Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Optimizations
  • Multilingual User Interface

Read the complete post at 4sysops.com

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home